Thursday, August 6, 2009

Week 2: Lecture

The second lecture for this subject is over and to be honest with you I though this course would be a lot more interesting. Don’t get me wrong I love using the Internet and computers. I don’t know what I would do without them but I don’t really care about who made them, how, when etc… I just want to be able to use one.


The one part of the lecture, which I did find pretty interesting, was learning about Alan Turing. Although his life was short lived it was interesting to hear how much of a genius he really was. It was also strange that although he was gay (that’s not the strange bit) that he was so open about it. I always assumed that in those days you didn’t talk about those kinds of things. I mean homosexuals in this day and age are still looked down upon by some people and yet here is a man born in 1912 that doesn’t bother hiding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment